Background

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Freezer Burritos

I LOVE the once a month mom website. It is full of so many yummy recipes, they do your menu planning and even have your grocery list all ready for you. I dont do a full month, I usually spend a couple days preparing by choosing which recipes I do want to make over the weekend and then adjust my shopping list accordingly.

Last weekend I made their Freezer Bean Burritos...They were fast and easy to make, froze beautifully, and best of all tasted so good!!

I first started my rice cooker with:
2 scoops of white rice
14oz vegetable broth plus enough water to equal 4 scoops of liquid (I like a 1-2 ratio to cook my rice in)
14.5oz can of Diced Tomatoes
1/2TBL of taco Seasoning
1/2 an onion diced up
4 cloves of garlic (minced)


I pulled out 1 cup of the rice mixture and to this I added:
1 can of refried beans
1 can of black beans
1 can of corn
1/2 cup of shredded cheese


I mixed this all up and then made my burritos...


I wrapped them up in foil...

I made 10 burritos and put 3-4 of them into a gallon size freezer bag. To cook just thaw and pop into the oven for 10 minutes at 350. I unwrapped after the 10 minutes and cooked an additional 5 to crisp it up a bit.

With my leftover rice I added a can of pineapple for a yummy side dish.

1 comment:

thetoddlerwhisperer said...

MMMmmmmm...freezer burritos sound great! I am going to check out that site for sure!! Pineapple in your mexicali rice....not so much. LOL