Background

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Pumpkin Soap

It is that time of year again....Pumpkin Soap time!!! First I gathered all my ingredients, oil mixture, fragrance oil, cocoa powder shaker and of course the pumpkin.


I add the pumpkin into the oils, then add the lye and then I pour off my topper soap batter before I add the fragrance oil because the fragrance oil has vanilla in it so it will brown the soap....and I want some contrast.


Into the mold it went layering soap with a line of cocoa powder and topped with the unfragranced soap batter. This is the only soap I dont insulate because the pumpkin heats it up on its own...this is at 2:30pm...


...at 4:20pm the gel phase has already begun...


...10 minutes more...


....10 more minutes....


...and just 2 and a half hours after pouring into the mold we have full gel with it just sitting uncovered on the counter.


Now some of my cocoa lines didnt quite meet up...


And some came out exactly as planned.


Regardless of which bar you may get, all of them smell fabulous!!

No comments: