Background

Monday, August 20, 2012

First Time Trying Quinoa

I bought a box of Quinoa (keen-wa) and finally got a chance to make some. I havent known how to use it...so I actually just dove in and made it up as I went.


First I washed the quinoa as I hear it can be pretty dirty, then I cooked 1 cup with 2 cups of water. When it was almost done I added in:
1/4 cup diced red onion
2 ears of corn (cut off the cob of course)
1 can of cannellini beans
1/2 can of diced green chilis
nature season's to taste ( I LOVE this seasoning!)

Mixed it all up, and I love how it came out. I debated about using black beans, but have been wanting to try the white kidney beans...and I like them!

I really enjoyed the quinoa and now I am off in search of what more I can make with it...what do you like to make with it?

1 comment:

SaMo said...

Mark Bittman has some GREAT quinoa recipes. This is a link to one of my favorites:

http://content.markbittman.com/recipes/sweet-potato-and-quinoa-salad