Background

Friday, October 5, 2012

Avocado Oil with Sea Clay Facial Soap

As I said in a post earlier this week, I was straightening up my fragrance oil shelf...it is easy to lose track of what you have...and I came across a bottle of geranium essential oil...hmmm what did I buy this for...and how can I use it. Then I had a "AHA" moment. I recently bought sea clay and I remembered that there was a a tutorial on the Soap Queen's Blog for a facial bar...that uses geranium essential oil....so now I get to use 2 of my "impulse buy" products into one project, SCORE!
So I wrote down the posted recipe and changed some stuff around...a lil less of this oil, a lil more of that oil....and soon I was mixing and pouring....




The soap smells wonderful with the blend of Tea Tree, Lavender and Geranium essential oils...and it has a beautiful soft green hue from the sea clay.

Sea clay originated as mud created in the sea millions of years ago. It acts as a great detox and mild exfoliant.

Tea Tree essential oil is a great antiseptic, Lavender essential oil is very soothing and Geranium essential oil is great for skin problems and also lends a beautiful soft floral scent to the mix.



Look for this soap to hit both the store in Prescott and our Etsy shop in a couple weeks after its cure.

No comments: