Background

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Picture Clock

I discovered the idea for a picture clock on Pinterest, and it has taken me a few months to plan and gather photos from our family. You only have 12 pictures, so when you have a lot to include you have to wait for an entire family to be together at the same time to get a shot. So finally I have all my pictures, purchased the vinyl saying on Etsy, purchased my picture frames (from Wal-Mart) and clock hands (from Hobby Lobby), we are now ready to roll.....

We laid everything out on the kitchen table to get an idea for spacing, took some measurements, and started with 12 o'clock....


We then added 6:00, 9:00, and 3:00...



It is starting to fill in.....


Pictures are up, now its time to add the wording....



This wasn't hard to do....once we got the hang of it. The scroll letters were harder, and some letters didn't seem to want to stick, but by morning when all was dry everything had adhered nicely, so it just takes patience.
 

And here is the finished project!
(well almost finished, 2 photos I need to reprint)



I am so happy with how this came out, The Hubs and I cannot stop admiring it.

What do you think? Do you have a fun creative way to display family photos?



2 comments:

SAPONETA said...

Oh, yes, it's true! Super idea!

Jesse said...

Very interesting, I'm going to try this at home.