Background

Monday, May 5, 2014

Cinco de Mayo

From Wikipedia...
            
Cinco de Mayo (Spanish for "fifth of May") is a celebration held on May 5. It is celebrated in the United States and in Mexico, primarily in the state of Puebla, where the holiday is called El Día de la Batalla de Puebla (English: The Day of the Battle of Puebla).
 
It originated with Mexican-American communities in the American West as a way to commemorate the cause of freedom and democracy during the first years of the American Civil War, and today the date is observed in the United States as a celebration of Mexican heritage and pride.
 
So we are having a mini celebration here in the Wyatt household. I premade everything the night before so it would be easy to come home after work and just put in the oven. I have to say Cinco de Mayo works very nicely with Meatless Monday.
 

On the far right is a green chili casserole. I made an extra one to see how it freezes. In the middle is cheese enchiladas and on the far left is the beginning of our dessert. I am making Tres Leche Cake I found over on my new favorite blog, Plain Chicken.
 

olé

No comments: