Background

Friday, August 16, 2013

Homemade Dog Treats

I decided to try my hand at making my own dog treats. Our pups get one each morning when I leave for work, and one here and there when real good. The "good for them" treats are quite costly, and the cheap ones are full of so many fillers...if I like to eat more clean, why shouldn't my pets. So off to pinterest I went and I found this recipe that seemed like a nice easy start.

2 1/2 cups brown rice flour
1/2 cup unsweetened pumpkin puree
1/4 cup natural creamy peanut butter
2 large eggs


I put this all into my kitchen aid with the dough hook...

I don't have any cookie cutters...I know, weird right?? So I just rolled into balls and put onto a cookie sheet, then criss crossed the top with a fork.... 

I baked at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, flipped and baked another 10 minutes.

They smelled very good while I was making them, and I like that I know each ingredient in them...oh and the best part the pups thought they were pretty tasty...their wagging tails asking for more said so. :)

2 comments:

Cee said...

I LOVE this Stacie..what a great idea! I'm going to make some this weekend for our pup. Thanks so much for sharing!

Unknown said...

Your dogs are lovely, I bet it's ne'er a uninteresting moment living with eight of them. i love DIY recipes and that i have it on my list of to do's to begin creating my pooch her own treats. Thanks for uplifting me some additional. See more at homemade dog treats