Background

Monday, September 5, 2011

I Made Pineapple Upside Down Cake

OK...OK...so I cheated...I used a box. :)

But there was still assembling to be done. First off...the box does not come with pineapple or cherries, you have to get that separate. You melt butter and sprinkle the brown sugar around...makes quite a messy look....



Then I arranged the pineapple...I opted against the cherries.




Mix up the cake as normal with water, eggs and oil. Pour over the pineapples....I made sure I poured directly onto the pineapples until I created a base layer, otherwise the sugar was wanting to float to the top.




(I realized I spent time making sure I had the correct cake pan that had the lid that fit....forgetting that this cake doesnt stay in the pan....so a foiled cookie sheet to the rescue!!!)




Bake and turn out onto the pan....Look...One Piece!!!!!! Of course I needed Baby Girls help to flip as I was a bit unsure about it.





Pretty easy to make really, hope it tastes as good as it looks. :)

No comments: