Background

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

First Time Broiling...

...and I think it went pretty well!!

I have never broiled before....well I think partially because it scares me a little bit....but I was making spaghetti and I realized I didnt buy any garlic bread...hmm how to improvise when your kitchen skills are....well pretty lacking??!!

I had some sandwich bread and this garlic festival brand garlic all purpose shake-on...



I also realized we were out of parmesan cheese....thank goodness we had some leftover packets from our last pizza run. I mixed some butter with the garlic powder, spread it on the bread and sprinkled my lil bit of parmesan...and...voila!!



I popped it into the oven on broil...you know how they say a watched pot never boils? Well I say a watched broiler never broils. I thought it would be much faster....but then me opening the door every few seconds probably didn't help it along.

All in all I think I did a pretty good job!! It was quite tasty!

No comments: