Background

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Scent Review - Pure Fragrance Oil - Green Tweed

Today we are soaping Green Tweed from Pure Fragrance Oils.

Cary Grant's fragrance of choice! Top notes of Mysore sandalwood,
ambergris, violet leaves, French verbena and Florentine iris.
Green Tweed is a wonderfully fresh, green scent that has a soft Oakmoss background.

This fragrance oil has such a nice clean scent...comparable to Irish Spring and a great scent for a man or a woman. In this latest order of fragrance oils the Irish Tweed came in these little white jugs...they are cute and store nicely...but I didn't like how clumsy it poured out of the bottle, so be sure to have a wipe nearby to catch the drips down the bottle...but I did like the handle when pouring.



My soap thickened on me because I didn't like the shade of green I ended up with so I needed to add more mica... and I guess I took a little too much time, so no itp (in the pot) swirl today, instead today it was spoon plops for me...which I enjoy just as much.
 

This fragrance plays nice with no acceleration. As for discoloration the oil itself has a green tint to it...it doesn't discolor the soap too much, no browning, but a gentle green hue so I actually like to use the darker green olive oil with this to enhance the green tint. Today I was out so I used my light colored olive oil.





No comments: