Background

Monday, May 13, 2013

Meatless Monday - Bean and Cheese Burritos

I am always looking for something easy to make ahead for my work lunches, and I decided bean burritos would be a quick and easy meal.
I bought a can of pinto beans and a can of black beans. I put them in my food processor along with half a can of green chili's, salsa and some onions leftover from BBQ night.

 

I mixed it all up...

...and put in tortillas along with some cheese.

I then wrapped them in foil, then put into a freezer Ziploc and into the freezer. Now I can just grab one out the night before and take to lunch. I will warm up in the microwave and then toast a bit in the toaster oven. If I was home I would probably put in the oven around 350-400 for about 10 minutes.

For around $5 I made 7 burros. Now next time I think I will switch it up by only blending half of each of the beans, and use the remaining half as whole beans in the mix...and also I hope to remember to add the can of corn I had also bought and left sitting unopened on the counter.

1 comment:

Mitchell said...

Great idea and recipe! I LOVE bean burritos. Now, I just need to find time to make them in advance.